Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Twisting My Way Into Memories of Yesteryear

I'm sure I don't need to tell all of you out there, but I'm going to say it anyways...Being Delectable Doyle is no easy business. Several of my friends turned 21 this weekend therefore, my wallet has taken quite the beat down and made it harder for me to purchase drinks to review. Thankfully I remembered that Papa Delectable Doyle put $25 of bobcat cash onto my card at the beginning of the year and I have yet to touch it, so, off to the Front Room I went.

In case you are unfamiliar, the Front Room is located on the fourth floor of the Baker Center. It's a cozy cafe that many students go to socialize, study or just simply enjoy a coffee. The best part about the Front Room is that I knew I would be able to obtain a interesting beverage without even having to reach for my wallet.

Whilst eyeing down the menu I was a bit disappointed to only find items that I had heard of (and that I wouldn't look like an ass trying to pronounce), I needed something more interesting. Then, right in my face, was a sign displaying a special drink called a "Cinnamon Twist Mocha". The Front Room offers a unique beverage like this as a special every Wednesday. As soon as I saw this I knew this is what I wanted and proudly handed my card to the barista and said "Just put it on my bobcat cash" with a level of smoothness that would make even James Dean jealous.


Upon obtaining my beverage I was pretty intrigued to try it out seeing as I've been an avid cinnamon fan for as long as I can remember. The drink consisted of a basic mocha but with the addition of a cinnamon syrup. The consistency was a bit foamy for me but with the weather outside, I'll take anything that's hot.

Just as I had hoped, this beverage was great. I'm not a huge mocha fan and when i wish to consume a coffee beverage I prefer to just stick with plain, black coffee, but this was nice. The taste immediately reminded me of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. I used to be a huge consumer of this particular cereal back in elementary school, so this was a huge blast to the past for me. This drink made me feel like I was once again rocking a Ninja Turtles tee-shirt with a bowl cut haircut, just like in the good ol' days.


If you're anything like me, this drink will bring you back in time. Aside from that though, it's also very tasty and makes it just that much easier to venture out into that snowy abyss. Before I depart, I'm leaving you with one of my personal favorite bowl cuts featured on the genius website www.checkoutmybowlcut.com. Good day all.

2 comments:

  1. Aww what a nice Papa Delectable Doyle you have for giving you Bobcat Cash. :) I have been using my Flex Points at The Front Room as well, much better than spending money out of my wallet at a different place.

    I saw that special as well, and I'm actually not sure if I am brave enough to try it. I like cinnamon, but I'm not really into Mocha all that much. Also, I've never had Cinnamon Toast Crunch before. But I am glad you enjoyed it and it brough you back to your younger years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice link to James Dean.

    When it comes to coffee, I find that Mochas are the usually the least manly I can go in public. Throw in white chocolate or a "cinnamon twist" and I'm out.

    ReplyDelete